Monday, November 30, 2009

What type of eye shadow color is good for me and what brand is good for African American women?

I am a semi-dark (something like Sanna Lathan's color) and I was wondering what color of eyeshadow would look good on me. I always seem to wear the golds and it looks good on my skin, and at times I wear silver and it looks ok. What are some other colors that would show up well on my skin and what brands should I consider?What type of eye shadow color is good for me and what brand is good for African American women?
I am the same Colour, and Lucky for us we can wear any colour. Any bright colour will pop against you skin.


What I usually wear is Lavender Sky by MAC, so pretty if its to much over the entire lid just put in the inner corners. Scrumptious Olive By MAC is great too ( A gold olive colour)


Bronze (Also by mac) and you can even skip your blush and wear bronze, for a goddess look! would be really pretty too...Like orangy, pink, gold colours. Personally I love golds for that earthy mother nature look. :)


Pink's are beautiful (Cranberry is a deeper pink and Sushi Flower is a brighter pink MAC)...Sometimes i get really bold and wear Bright blue eyeshadow (Freshwater by MAC) as my eyeliner (work up to this step)


I hope this helps, all in all know that you have a gorgeous tone and can pull of anything :)What type of eye shadow color is good for me and what brand is good for African American women?
iman is good for dark women...i use iman and (in the pic im like sand 4) im much darker than the pic shows now erm i guess u can say im a clay 3 a shade or so darker than the blonde girl on the makeover section....its good for colored skin...Asian,native american, african american and hispanic skin...


http://www.imancosmetics.com/1.0/


this and i think that violets and olive greens would look good on u...i know golds look good huh...and if u want something that is light in color like a silver does, try a pinky or yellowed silvered or pearly one...depends on tone...oh try Victoria's secret bare bronze radiant shimmer palette in the pink and gold shades if warmer colors look better on u...i love that palette.
Excuse me...miss judith needs to watch her statements around me or she's going to get slapped. Bronze would look terrible on your skin...trust me, I'm nearly the same complexion. You need to try, of course the golds, but also darker colors like this black eyeshadow that I use that has some gold undertones to it. White shadow/eyeliner in the corner of your eyes would bring out your eyes as well. Don't use any bold colors like blue and green because they will make you look awkward and ghetto. I'm surprised that you use silver because I would think that the color wouldn't look that great...well, i guess it depends on the shade of grey. hope that helps. BUT YOU NEED TO TELL JUDITH TO WATCH HER DAMN MOUTH...
i think bronze would look AMAZING!!! no joke. it would definitely bring out the warmth in your face. for going out, i think sky is the limit. Bright fun, almost highlighter colors would look fun and funky and the pop of color against your skin would look cute. and as far as cosmetics go....i have no idea but id suggest cover girl because i heard they just opened a queen collection that is specifically targeted for african american women =)
Tonewise I'm more Gabrielle Union that Sanaa (hey, girlfriend!) and I find that golds and greens look absolutely smashing on me. I also like purples and blues. Experiment! Try everything and see how it goes with different outfits, different makeup looks on the rest of your face and so on. Have fun!
lol we're both about the same complexion


I love gold and shimmers


personally bronze would look perfect on you especially for the summer


I think you could pull of any color just experiment alittle with them


I like to wear purple alot cuz its my favorite color but i do play around with blue, green,brown, pink and bold colors


I hope this helped =]
Def try any shade of purple! Also dark green and navy blue are good. Just keep the rest of your makeup neutral if you go with a brite eye color. Try gold on your lid and dark green in the crease. Blend it , add black eyeliner, mascara, a touch of bronzer and slap on some tan gloss. Voila!





';whenrosesfallapart';- ummm, calm down! Everyone is entitled to their answer. If you don't like what someone says then move on! She was just trying to help, geeze.
Milani is great. Really pretty lipsticks and eyeshadows and other makeup. Deep plum color would look good on you too.


You can find Milani at some drugstores or go to their website www.milani.com
Your black sisters will be more helpful than I but how going to a dept stores cosmetic counter. The staff is always glad to help.
It's all about how you put it on, try different colors. I use Mary Kay, they have new stuff that looks good on black women.
Metal tones will look INCREDIBLE on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans