Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do you disinfect eye shadow after conjunctivitis?

have conjunctivitis, and I've had to go through the whole annoying process of throwing out my contact lenses, mascara, etc. But I really want to avoid having to throw out my MAC eye shadows. Does anyone know how I can disinfect them? I've see make-up artists spray something on the eye shadow pots in the store, but I'm not sure what it is... would alcohol ruin them?How do you disinfect eye shadow after conjunctivitis?
not worth taking a chance - here's a rule: don't share makeup - buy new mascara every 3-4 months and before applying makeup ALWAYS wash your hands. When you have an eye infection use papertowels to reduce the risk of spreading germs - change your pillowcases daily.How do you disinfect eye shadow after conjunctivitis?
SWEETIE - DON'T TAKE THE CHANCE - THROW THEM OUT
Please don't use it!
you need to throw it out, and buy new stuff
No matter how expensive the make-up was, it's not worth the risk of re-infecting yourself!!
regardless of the brand- throw it away- it is not worth becoming reinfected. I dont know what department stores spray in them but they should be using fresh applicators for each person.


The best thing to do when you get a new eye shadow is to use a fresh applicator for each application


never share your eye make up (or really any make up for that matter- its just gross)


keep your makeup closed tight when not in use





it is annoying and expensive but well worth it
I would throw it away - I know it's MAC, but it's not really worth it. There's no way you know it's completely disinfected.
throw it out and buy all new eye make up. in fact replace all your makeup
Toss it, and don't replace it. Eye shadow is not attractive on women or girls anyway, we guys all laugh at how much makeup girls put on, and eye shadow is almost a real turnoff.
I have taken cosmetology and as far as I know the only thing you blow on eyeshadow is a fixative - sorry - your makeup is infected and needs to be tossed. I had this same dilemma with some great custom shades but it was better than facing a recurrent infection. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans