Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Can anyone explain the rationale behind blue eye shadow and gymnastics?

I'm watching the girls' gymnastics competition from the Olympics right now and the girls (most of them) have these horrible blue slashes of color under their eyebrows. Does it make them jump higher, run faster, fly through the air? It seems to be the younger girls (but not exclusively so). I just find it very distracting. It's all I can seem to focus on. Anyone else? Outside of that, they are performing brilliantly.Can anyone explain the rationale behind blue eye shadow and gymnastics?
It's a homage to the 80's...just be thankful they thought twice about the leg warmers.Can anyone explain the rationale behind blue eye shadow and gymnastics?
I think it is like any performer it is done to make them stand out and exaggerates the facial expressions. Esp. in some countries that have a lot of mime type theater. That is my best opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans