Thursday, December 10, 2009

What can I use to stop eye shadow from disappearing into my eyelid crease?

TRIED AND TESTED TIPS ONLY PLEASE.





This usually happens when the eyeshadow has been on for a while during the day, some of it disappears into my eyelid crease. What can I use to stop this?What can I use to stop eye shadow from disappearing into my eyelid crease?
I use ';too faced shadow insurance';.


It's a lifesaver! Make sure your eyelids are clean, then apply!


It keeps my eyeshadow looking great for the whole day, even in hot and sweaty weather.


I used it for my prom too, it's great!





Apparently it's very similar to the urban decay primer, but I've heard that too faced is better value.





Here's a video about eyeshadow bases, by xsparkage, she has great makeup tips! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7_DiN_6t鈥?/a>What can I use to stop eye shadow from disappearing into my eyelid crease?
before you put your eyeshadow on make sure you cleanse your skin and eyes and dont use any moisturiser on your eyelids because they already contain alot of natural oils in them. once your skin has been prepared put foundation on your eyelids then dust with a translucent powder, use a powder eyelid rather than a cream as they crease within a few minutes of application. i do this everyday works like a charm.
Before you put anything on your lids, make sure they are clean, then apply a primer of your choice apply your shadow, if you notice creasing during the day try to keep the color shadow you used, a brush and some oil blotting sheets with you. when you see creasing, very gently blot at you lid and blend the shadow on your lid that's already there. If needed touch up your shadow .
Eyeshadow Primer - Urban Decay makes a GREAT one called Primer Potion. If you use face primer, that could be used too, but actual eyeshadow primer works miracles!!! My makeup stays on all day, doesn't smudge or get greasy, stays flawless!





The other suggestions were good too, if you are going to use a ';base'; eyeshadow, try to use a cream eyeshadow or a thick pencil liner, that way the eyeshadow will actually stick to it.
Make sure your eyelids are dry and foundation free. Then apply a base colour (a slightly different shade than the one you want shown) and you can also apply another base colour and this will keep your eyeshadow on for longer. It works really well for nights out as the base's allow the eyeshadow to stay on. Hope i helped :) Also use a powder eyeshadow than a cream one.
I know that putting chapstick on your eyelid before putting the eyeshadow on helps the powder stay on. Maybe it would work for that, too.
The only thing I've found that works for this problem is Urban Decay Primer Potion. You can buy it at Ulta or Sephora, and it costs $16.00. It's worth the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting plans